Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Escape!

"The prisoners escaped today."

That's what my husband Jon said when I got home from work the other day. I was puzzled.

They finally did it. Our twin girls finally scaled the sides of their cribs -- and they were off and running when their feet successfully hit the floor. Nap time consisted of Jon having to go to their room three times to ask them to get back into bed.

I know, it was only a matter of time. But it's another example of how time just flies. Wasn't it yesterday that they both fit into the bassinet together? Do you have to grow up, girls? Do you? 'Cause mumma would like it just fine if she could savor these moments a bit longer. Consider it. Humor your mumma.

The only real casuality was one of the piggy banks, which must have been diagnosed with awful diaper rash by Dr. Riley or Nurse Sophie, as it received an entire tube of petroleum jelly on its underside. I had to laugh as I tried to wipe it clean with a paper towel after the "prisoners" had gone to bed for the night. I was hoping their wouldn't be a jailbreak in the wee morning hours. Guess I better get used to the night patrol again.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Becky said...

WOW! Teresa scaled it at 11 months. You are SO lucky...

Ahhh...good luck with that...

(I see toddler bed's in your future!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home