Sophie Loves Rocks

Our dryer has been making this horrific rattling and rumbling noise for well over a year now. Since no one in our house is handy with tools, we just shut the bathroom door when the dryer is on and try to ignore it.
Well, two days ago, when I was unloading the dryer, I found a rock among the clothes. I've since dried three loads of laundry and low-and-behold -- no noise. Guess one of Miss Sophie's rocks had found its way into a pair of pants pocket and fell out in the dryer. It must have been so warm and cozy in there that it didn't want to leave. I just can't believe that I never found it before.
Reminded me of the rock tumbler my sister asked my parents for at Christmas one year. You know, one of those contraptions that runs on a few "D" batteries and is supposed to make any ordinary street rock all smooth and shiny. Well, the dryer worked about as well as that rock tumbler and sounded about the same. Guess my parents could have saved a few bucks had they just told my sister to tumble her rocks while washing a load of laundry. And they would have gotten some household chores done too.

1 Comments:
Hahahahahahah! You are the real writer in the family, Laura.
Post a Comment
<< Home