Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Breakfast Conversation With 3s


I had just given the girls some bananas...

Sophia: I don't like the bruises.

Riley: I like the bruises!



Sophia: I like them on persons, but not on bananas.

(Now, I don't know which child I should be more concerned about...)

Absolutely no segue to the next topic...

Sophia: (to me) You are a young Mummy.

Riley: A young Mummy?

Sophia: Yeah, not a wrapped mummy. The other Mummy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger nanapapava said...

Confused Aunt Cathy here....
so, did they see the recent news piece about King Tutankamman (spelling)??? He was decidedly NOT a young mummy...
What else could their frame of reference be?!??
AC

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Susan Nolan said...

I can translate this conversation, I think....and give you the context for the segue....
I have told the girls that the spots on my hands (the old age skin spot) are because I am old. When a banana gets old, it gets spots, I said. When people get old, they get spots. They must have noticed that their mumma has no old age spots!! Hahaha...These children are brilliant...as well as sweet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home