Sunday, May 04, 2008

MatchBox Mania


Tonight, the kids were bathed and ready for bed, and the girls and I were sitting on the couch ready to share the bedtime books. Sam walked into the room, took one look at Riley and began screaming. She had one of his million MatchBox cars and he was not happy about it. (Let's just say that sharing cars is something that challenges Sam.)

Well, Riley then became upset, telling him he had to share and throwing the car on the ground with an enormous huff, which then mutated into hysterical crying. I calmly (or was it wearily?) explained to Sam that there was no screaming and that he needed to share his toys -- he should share at least one car with Riley. He then proceeded to go into the playroom and we could hear him rustling through his plastic tire-shaped bucket of cars.

He returned within minutes, hands clutching a few vehicles. I thought, Great, this is real progress. He's going to share with his sister. We're getting somewhere.

Then Sam tossed three cars onto the couch at Riley's side. I couldn't help but laugh to myself. He had decided to share the three cars that each of them had gotten during our trip to NTB to get the tires rotated on the van. The freebies that were all the same -- and not even all his. This two year old is no dummy. Don't think we'll have to worry about anyone taking advantage of him.

Well, Rome wasn't built in a day. Neither is a race car. Baby steps are good I guess. We'll get to the finish line eventually.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Well, that's one step. Keep on truckin' Sammy...

Funny...

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger nanapapava said...

Sharing.....hmmmm....we all need lots of practice on that one! It was a step in the right direction :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home