Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Saving for a Rainy Day


One weekend I was racking my brain, trying to figure out what I did with $80. We had gone to the Farmers' Market and ran other errands on Saturday. I could have sworn that when we came home, I emptied my pockets, and threw the wad of twenties on the kitchen counter. Seems like I never put cash in the same place -- maybe because we never really have cash on hand and I've not developed a steady habit.

Anyway, I was searching the house for the cash, because, well, 80 bucks can buy a lot of diapers. I looked in my wallet, in the pocket where I put my cell phone in my bag, in my coat pocket, in the pockets of a few pairs of pants, on the other counters,... on and on.

Finally, out of sheer desperation, I asked the girls, "Have you seen any money?"

And they answered, "Yes."

Skeptical, because they always claim to know where something is when you're looking for it, but rarely ever can actually locate it, I asked, "Where?"

Riley said, "Sam took it. He put it in Sophia's piggy bank."

Sure enough, when I opened the pig's snout, there it was... a wad of cash stuffed inside. At least he knew what to do with it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger nanapapava said...

I would have been absolutely frantic!!

Good thing it had a good ending :)

AC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home