It's a Girl?

Today I had the wonderful honor of telling the girls that our friend Lucy is now officially a big sister. The baby was born earlier today. (Very early! Our best to the proud parents!)
I asked them, "What do you think it was?"
Riley said, "A boy!"
I said, "No -- it was a girl."
Then came the perplexed expressions on the girls' faces and the reply from Riley, "But they already have a girl."
Seems they think it's the natural order of things to have both boys and girls in a family. We do, doesn't everyone?
I think this is mainly due to the fact that my sister is due next month and she already knows that my nephew is getting a sister. So, everyone must get at least one of each, right?
One of those humorous little-kid misconceptions that can be added to the list.
Labels: funny, misconceptions, riley

1 Comments:
Intellectually we know that kids learn what they see and do.....but it is so interesting to see it unfold before your eyes!
AC
Post a Comment
<< Home