Band-Aids for a Grumpy Grudge

This morning on our way to church, Sophia was in quite a grumpy mood. She had a terrible time leaving the house, as she wanted to bring the toys that Sam had already decided he would bring to church. I had asked her to choose something else. She was in a tough state that she couldn't quite shake.
On our drive there, Sophia, still holding her grudge (wonder where she gets that from...) was saying that she wouldn't play with Sam at church, "only Riley." I told her that that wasn't nice and that God wouldn't like her angry attitude, and she needed to get past it.
Riley piped in, "God likes happiness, right?"
I said, "Yes. God likes when people are happy and they get along. God doesn't like fighting."
Then Sam, putting his thoughts together, commented, "God has band-aids, right?"
Yep. And every now and then, we all need those band-aids. Especially the ones for broken feelings.

2 Comments:
Cute story :)
Someone told me when I was little that scabs were God's bandaids.
I think God does like happiness...
Aunt Cathy
Post a Comment
<< Home