Sunday, January 25, 2009

Incentives

On this quiet Sunday afternoon, I was looking at a children's magazine for articles on Abraham Lincoln to read at school. Then I got my laptop bag and started taking my computer out, to work on some questions for the reading groups to consider.

Sophia, watching me, said, "I don't want to be a teacher when I grow up."

"Why?" I asked, wondering if this was going to be a funny conversation.

"It's too much work," she said flatly.
Nope, I guess this was going to be an honest conversation.


Then after thinking a moment, she asked, "Will I get a computer like that?"

Store for future parenting reference -- child #1 might exert herself excessively for computer or similar expensive possession. This information might come in handy later.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger nanapapava said...

I love how kids learn -- by watching and imitating. I can picture your little teacher with her computer in the future :)

Nana Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home