Threes Can't Be Sneaky
Thank God!That's the built in survival mechanism I guess. Can't be sneaky until you understand the consequences of what being sneaky might bring you.
on to the story...
Sophie said, in a normal voice, right in front of me, "Riley, you have that thing we don't want Mumma to know about."
Pure innocence, not a drop of sarcasm or dead-pan humor in there, no idea that maybe she should have whispered it or chatted in another room. Ah, the beauty of 3!
"Okay, Riley, what do you have?" I asked.
"A rubberband," and she handed it over. "I found it at the desk. It was just sitting there. I got it for you Mumma, because I didn't know what it was over there for."
uh huh. likely story.

3 Comments:
They are so sweet.
Gotta love them.
And they are soooo cute! love the picture.
Yes, I wish the innocent un-sneakiness would last.
You better start sharpening up your ESP skills....
Love, AC
I laughed out loud :) What a cute story.
Post a Comment
<< Home