Friday, June 27, 2008

Preschoolers Down on the Farm!







Last month, the preschool class went to the cow and horse barns as part of their study about farms. The girls were very excited to ride the bus (even though it was the little bus) and I was very excited to be able to go along. On the way there, Riley sat with her friend Hilary, while I shared a seat with Sophia.






We saw some very cute cows! The teachers brought carrots so the kids could feed the horses. I think the twinners were the only ones who did not want to feed the horses directly from their hands, so they tossed all of their carrots in the tin buckets. Maybe next time they'll get to feel the hairy horse whiskers.












Here is a photo of my farmer girls being sweet to each other. ( :








After we left the barns, the kids couldn't resist picking dandelions in the fields. The photo of Sophie handing up the dandelions is actually what it looks like from my (the mumma's) point of view. What a great feeling, to be handed a buttery yellow bouquet with a little smile and a lot of love! (Then multiply that by 2!) Sure all you moms can relate.






And I love this photo of little Hilary. Makes me wish I could take more photos of my own kids that look like this. Isn't she sweet?


After the barns, the kids sat and ate ice cream -- the girls tried cookie dough for the first time. Way to branch out past the holy trinity of flavors, girls! And finally, here's their preschool class laying on the field.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Becky said...

CUTE!!!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger nanapapava said...

Looks like you CAN keep them down on the farm....

The pictures were great! Thanks.

AC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home